03 Nov 10th October World Mental Health Day – Take care of your mental health
We all need to take care of our mental health and wellbeing whether we have a mental health problem or not.
We have some tips on practical steps you can take to improve and maintain your wellbeing including making time for yourself, building positive relationships and getting active.
Mental wellbeing describes your mental state – how you are feeling and how well you can cope with day-to-day life.
Our mental wellbeing is dynamic. It can change from moment to moment, day to day, month to month or year to year.
If you have good mental wellbeing you are able to:
- feel relatively confident in yourself and have positive self-esteem
- feel and express a range of emotions
- build and maintain good relationships with others
- feel engaged with the world around you
- live and work productively
- cope with the stresses of daily life
- adapt and manage in times of change and uncertainty
Mental wellbeing describes how you are feeling and how well you can cope with day-to-day life. It can change from moment to moment, day to day, month to month or year to year.
- think about what is affecting your wellbeing
- build positive relationships
- take time for yourself
- look after your mental health
- look after your physical health
- ask for help if you need it